Here are some tips to follow to furnish your home with style, without making mistakes. We have decided to share with you our experience in the world of design and Made in Italy to stand by you in the difficult task of choosing stylish furniture. Are you ready? Here we go!
Style and Furniture: the basics
If you are faced with the choice of furniture for your new home or with a makeover, don’t worry: follow our advice and you will not make mistakes. Before starting you need to know the basics and understand what it means to furnish with style.
According to Wikipedia, style is a manner of doing or presenting things.
In terms of interior design, therefore, we can say that style is the aesthetic rule that you follow to choose your furniture. Since it is a sort of rule, style is characterized by a series of key elements that remain constant in each object or piece of furniture.
Hence the fundamental need is to adapt the style of furniture chosen to the personality of each person in order to obtain a final result of great impact and effectiveness. Curious to know how to do it? Here are our interior design tips for you.
The Secrets to Furnishing a Home with Style
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]T[/su_dropcap]he first aspect that you must consider if you want to furnish your home with style is to focus on continuity. A fundamental element to give harmony to home environments, without making gross mistakes.
How to maintain continuity in the style of your home?
- Identify the style that best suits your personality and your tastes
- Fix it as a rule for the choice of furniture, design objects, colors, fabrics and so on
Remember that if you respect these two simple points you will get a perfect final effect and the style of your furniture will be well recognizable in every room.
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]T[/su_dropcap]his is why it is necessary to consider a second fundamental aspect: details. Do not forget that every detail, even the smallest one, must respect the style you have chosen. Only in this way you’ll achieve the desired effect.
This, however, doesn’t mean that each piece of furniture must be designed according to the style you have chosen. In fact, the best solution is often to mix basic furnishings with furniture in style.
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]A[/su_dropcap]nd it is only in this way that you will respect the third key element to effectively furnish the house: harmony, which must never be lacking, especially when the chosen style has rather obvious characteristics (take for example the boho style and its colors, or the shabby chic). In short, always be careful not to overdo it.
How to choose the style of your furniture
There are many styles in interior design: from classic to modern, passing to that classic contemporary or rustic, without forgetting the much-loved shabby chic, Nordic and Provencal.
So how to choose the style of furniture that best suits your personality?
Here are our tips:
- [su_highlight background=”#46bee0″ color=”#ffffff”]make a list[/su_highlight] of blogs, forums and social profiles specialized in interior design and home decor
- [su_highlight background=”#46bee0″ color=”#ffffff”]read the articles[/su_highlight] that talk about the various styles (you will soon find them here on our site) and create a list of the main features of each
- [su_highlight background=”#46bee0″ color=”#ffffff”]select the styles[/su_highlight] of furniture you prefer (maximum 2)
- at this point, you can buy a selection of the latest issues of interior design magazines
- finally, browse some online galleries dedicated to the styles you have selected
- at this point, you will have a complete picture and you can [su_highlight background=”#46bee0″ color=”#ffffff”]make your final choice[/su_highlight]
Now, all you have to do is spend shopping. Be careful, however, not to get carried away: buy only the furnishings you really need and do not forget the following 3 tips by Ulap design.
- Avoid extravagant furniture and accessories
- Never choose random interior colors
- Eliminate excess ornaments
Did our decorating tips help you?
[su_highlight background=”#46bee0″ color=”#ffffff”]So, don’t miss next updates from the world of Ulap design.[/su_highlight]
To do this, you can:
- Register for the Ulap Newsletter, guaranteeing discounts and exclusive news on the sector
- Add our site to Favorites
- Follow us on social networks
And do not forget: if you need advice on furniture, design and Made in Italy, you will always find us here ready to answer. Send us an email with your questions: we will publish the answers on the official Ulap design channels. We are waiting for you!
Leave a Reply